Saturday, March 31, 2012

Early Garden Planting

This year I'm trying something different in my garden.  I pulled the mulch away to make a rectangle about 3'x1.5' and I've made a trough down the centre (blue line) and two furrows on either side (yellow lines).  I've planted seeds on the yellow lines.  The hose will have a hole in it so I can water the area through the summer with my rain barrels.

(BTW - I put the lines on with Skitch using my Android phone.  Its a great little app that Evernote has.  Evernote is the best note taking software, ever.)





































To prevent the ground from drying out I've put an old shelf that came with our house.  I saw this tried by someone else.  Once the seeds emerge I'll remove the shelf.  It will also help to warm the soil and get the seeds up early.  I've planted 3 of these and plan to plant every two weeks until the garden is full.  I know this is likely way too early to plant but I'm going to try.  Also just to say I planted in March one year :)


No comments: